- Our Locations
- Cost Savings
- Pack Like a Pro
- Stop & Stor Services
- Business Program
- How do I get started renting storage space?
Stop & Stor makes it quick and easy for you to get started renting storage space. Simply select a storage location and you can reserve a storage room with no obligation and no credit card required. Or if you prefer, call us at 718-698-8000 and we will be happy to answer any questions you have and explain our free pick-up.
- What size storage units do you offer?
Stop & Stor has a space for every budget. We offer a vast array of sizes, ranging from storage lockers to very large storage units, so you don’t pay for space you don’t need. Our most popular sizes are 5×5, 5×10, 10×10, 10×20, and 10×30. However, we will provide you with the unit size that is just right for your storage needs. Use our size guide to determine which storage unit is right for you. If you are unsure of what size you need, call or visit one of our locations and our storage experts will be happy to assist you in choosing the appropriate size for you.
- Do I need to provide documentation in order to rent a storage unit?
Yes. You will need to provide a valid form of identification in order to rent a unit with Stop & Stor.
- Do you have climate-controlled storage units?
Yes. Stop & Stor is pleased to offer climate-controlled units at most of our locations. All units maintain constant temperature year round.
- Do you rent storage space monthly or am I required to sign a contract?
At Stop & Stor, all of our storage units are rented on a month-to-month basis. If you know that you will be storing with us for an extended period of time, we invite you to take advantage of our discount program. By paying for your unit in advance, you receive a discounted rate.
- What hours can I access my storage unit?
Stop & Stor is open 7 days a week as a convenience to our customers. We are open
Monday-Friday: 8am-7pm (Elmhurst, Queens 7am-7pm)
Thursday: 8am-9pm *Late Night (Except West Shore).
- If I lose my key, what do I do?
Simply come to the Stop & Stor office at your location and we will be happy to assist you.
- Do you provide carts or dollies at your storage facilities?
Yes. Stop & Stor provides carts and dollies for your use at all of our facilities.
- What storage security do you offer?
Stop & Stor has a state of the art security program to ensure your goods are safe and secure. It features individual door alarms, well-lit self-storage spaces, closed circuit TVs, coded computerized entry, and 24 hour on-site personnel. To learn more about the comprehensive security program, visit our Security Page.
- Does Stop & Stor provide locks for my storage unit?
You can purchase a lock at any of our facilities. In addition to locks, we offer all the packing and storage supplies you may need, including boxes, labels, mattress bags, bubble wrap, and tape. Visit our supplies page for a full list of items.
- Who can have access to my storage unit?
Only people you choose to give your access code and key to will have access to your storage unit. Stop & Stor does not hold a key to your lock, nor can we gain access to your unit.
- How much notice am I required to give Stop & Stor before moving out?
Stop & Stor simply requires that you vacate your unit by the last day of the month in order to not be charged for the next month.
- Can I pay online at stopandstor.com?
Yes. Stop & Stor offers safe & secure online payment via your account.
- Do you offer an auto-payment option?
Yes. Stop & Stor offers an automatic monthly credit card payment option.
- Can I pay at the Stop & Stor locations?
Yes. For your convenience, Stop & Stor allows you to make payments at your location by cash, credit card, check, or money order.
- Can I pay by telephone?
Yes. Stop & Stor accepts payment by credit card over the phone.
- Can I pay by mail?
Yes. Stop & Stor accepts checks or money orders mailed directly to the facility. Please make all check and money orders payable to Stop & Stor and specify your unit number.
- Can I use my membership card at any Stop & Stor location?
Yes. Your exclusive discount is welcomed at all 14 Stop & Stor locations.
- If I lose my membership card, can I still receive my discount?
Yes. Stop & Stor would be happy to replace your card in the event that it gets misplaced.
- Can I combine my membership discount with other discounts and promotions?
Yes. As a member, you will save 10% on our already low monthly fees with the rental of an additional storage unit and a 10% discount on all storage and packing supplies.
- Do I receive any other benefits by being a member?
Yes. As a member, you can benefit from our win/win referral program. If you refer a friend to us, they “win” a $50 discount, and you “win” a $50 referral fee.